Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

RED ANTS !!

Hi ya’ll, Have you been surrounded by red ants? We are!! They are in my house! Now before you judge my housekeeping skills I’d like to point out that I am not less clean in the summer and I do not have this problem in the fall or winter. Probably cooler temps but I have heard it’s the humidity and drought. The point is that I have to deal with them. I hate poison, and I really do not want it in my kitchen. So what’s an ant hating girl to do? Rubbing alcohol. That’s right. I put it in a spray bottle and douse them good. It takes longer to kill them (a minute or so) but it is 100% effective. The down side is it does not prevent them returning. I study the trail and use the ant spray in that spot only. I use drastically less of the ant spray and it foils them for a while. This year has been especially bad with them in the dirty laundry and the clean. There is no rhyme or reason to the places I find them. Here again the alcohol shines. It is safe on fabrics and carpets. Safe around animals and kids and it evaporates leaving no residue. You don’t need to wash the area after it dries because rubbing alcohol is a cleaning agent! Just wipe away the dried and withered ant carcusses, MUWHAHAHHAHH (sorry, I really hate them). Please beware using it around open flames though!!


I also use it after a bite as it helps to ease the itch and dry up the bite site. It is helpful on mosquito and yellow fly bites too. For bites I also use Hand sanitizers or gelled alcohol or even liquid hand soap for the same reasons. I hope this helps some one and if you have any strategies in this war speak up. I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment